Erasmus+ Strategic Partnership for Youth
The main purpose of this project was to discuss how we can prepare young people with sufficient skills in the field of Information Technologies for better employment in the sector. As well as helping IT businesses recruit young people in more effective ways. For this:
– The importance of talented young people in the field of IT was discussed in order to help the transformation of EU countries, where millions of IT personnel are needed, to the digital World and digital economy.
– The EU Digital Action Plan for a smarter and sustainable digital economy was discussed.
– Helping IT businesses collaborate with young IT talents in terms of employability.
– Recognition of qualifications, measurement/assessment of skills, working conditions, improvement of communication, teamwork etc. Important employability issues such as
– It is aimed to meet the need for online skills validation tools and platforms to enable young people and IT businesses to better assess and validate their IT skills.
– To enable young people to assess their IT job-specific skills to understand their readiness for various IT jobs with the online skills assessment platform we have developed.
Transnational Project meetings were held to plan, monitor and evaluate 3 project activities.
– Trainings, study visits, work-based learning interventions, discussions, private learning sessions with IT professionals, etc. in 5 different partner countries. 5 Learning-teacher and training meetings were held to ensure
– Various dissemination activities were held, including workshops, conferences, visits to IT companies, participation in national IT meetings, career fairs, Technopark visits, outreach to IT experts, stakeholders and policy makers.
– Written research including various cooperation methods and strategies was produced. “Developing Collaboration Methodologies Between Youth and IT Businesses”
-“Extensive and Work-Based Employment Trial Program”, a 41-page study outlining the basics of establishing an internship program for IT companies to employ young IT talents in their businesses and help create short- or long-term employment.
Composed of 2 parts, “Online Skills Verification Platform”, in the first part, we produced a 187-page written document that summarizes about 20 IT job areas, with key job characteristics needed by IT businesses, job-specific interview and recruitment questions.
In short, this project will help anyone who wants to get a job in the Information Technologies sector and any company that wants to recruit.