2018 - 2020 MARSA InternPrize
MARSA stands for Move Against Rash Statements and Actions and that is what it is set up to do.
Incidentally the word "marsa" is of Arabic origin meaning "port" and that has become also the name of localities in several places around the Mediterranean due to historical contexts.
MARSA is a project by 6 partners from Malta, Italy, France, Turkey and Romania under the leadership of VisMedNet of Malta.
It is a partnership that is strong on sharing experience and transfer between sectors.
MARSA is a reaction to social changes and migration flows of our times that are now one of the most common subjects of discussion all over Europe. It will engage young people in discussion and video making activities on the subject of migration. This will be done with a strategy to educate the masses on the topic running counter to the negative press and communication used in the media when speaking about migration. It strongly counters uninformed opinions expressed widely and wildly in social media. It opens a door to the formation of better and more informed opinions through creativity and young enterprise.
MARSA trains youth leaders and organisations and younger generations through joint activities in VET and youth imparting knowledge and skills in:
- product development in creative industries based on market research, audience analysis and professional distribution strategies,
- video production skills with focus on audience and quality under professional artistic direction and
- creation of joint strategies for social education and advocacy.
Youth leaders and youths will set up local teams and produce video projects in an enterprise environment and discipline using online collaborative tools. They will take part in training that gives them skills on all the A to Z of video production and all soft skills that they will then practice in local activities:
- research and cooperation with experts for the purposes of research,
- cooperation and management in a multi cultural team in a cross border manner,
- video making and all the joint decision making processes that go behind it for the sake of homogeneity, completeness and facility of distribution and
- organisation and self management throughout project activities including organisation of multiplier events for wide audiences.
The activities of the project will be:
- an Advanced Planning Meeting and a training activity for youth leaders and youths about video making techniques, discipline, research and online collaborative tools in the beginning of the project,
- the formation of local production teams for the production of video content through cross border collaboration between Malta, Italy, France, Greece and Romania,
- post production work to produce video clips intended to educate the viewers about migration starting from the vocabulary that the partners believe is the foundation of all social education about the topic,
- four Multiplier Events for the reaching out to the local, regional, national and EU public,
- the production of a video clip that will be horizontal to the three video clips including a testimonial about the experience and the change in frame of mind that the project activities promoted and brought about,
- the publication of a set of recommendations for the adoption of the MARSA dynamic engaging VET and youth for constructive social engagement and investment in better employability of young generations and
- a final meeting for conclusion and exploration of future cooperation between the partners.
MARSA will create social impact using powerful video communication tool to provoke the community to discuss the topic of migration and to be aware of how much we tend to express ourselves about migration in a very light minded manner without any form of knowledge, insight or analysis that helps us really understand what we are talking about. MARSA will not solve the issue of migration but it will be a bold step towards impact that lasts.
There will be two important horizontal activities that are key to the success of MARSA.
i. an aggressive dissemination and distribution campaign for the effective reach at local, regional, national and EU level and
ii. a structured quality monitoring activity that includes the validation of organisational change in the partners, learning process of youth leaders and youths and strategies for future cooperation and further initiatives to make the impact of the project wider than the partnership and beyond the project lifetime.