Street Food Opportunities for Youth (SFOFY) is an Erasmus+ Strategic Partnership for Youth under the leadership of le LABA of Bordeaux.
SFOFY is designed to enable young people to develop an entrepreneurial skillset through exploring the business opportunities presented by street food, one of the fastest growing areas within the food sector. Today’s street food stall owners tend to be young and although they are brimming in innovative food business ideas, branding and digital marketing, they are often self-taught and lack formal enterprise education.
Street food relies strongly on new ways of doing business which young people are comfortable with - total mobility, high levels of innovation, quality produce and dominance of social media marketing. All these factors mean that young people are attracted to opportunities within the dynamic sector that can increase youth employment opportunities central to the EU's employment policy, Europe 2020.
Street food provides the ideal context for promoting entrepreneurship education for youth as it: -
• is an accessible entry point and innovation hotbed for low cost /shoestring food entrepreneurship
• capitalises increasing customer demand for international, cultural diverse specialities opens up business opportunities for young entrepreneurs including migrant communities.
1) Create Open Educational Resources to teach street food entrepreneurship skills specifically designed for young people
2) Develop a Street food entrepreneur App to provide an accessible and appropriate way for young people to engage directly with the educational tools from their own mobile phone.
3) Create a Toolkit of Strategies for Markets to adopt a multicultural integration and experiential community for young food entrepreneurs.
4) Video Showcase Platform will present 24 short inspirational videos Each partner has been assigned leadership of the output or activity corresponding to their specific field of expertise and experience, but all organisations will be involved in all tasks.
On completion, SFOFY will have produced the linkages, the knowledge and the resources to enable enterprise centres, VET and organizations across the youth and migrant services sectors to drastically improve access to and quality of entrepreneurship education for young street food entrepreneurs.